Someone made a response to the statement I made on Under Our Skin 2 video from my Covert Chronicle channel on YouTube and I thought I’d share…. This is the video here. I thought I’d share my views on the divide between the rich and poor with Lyme Disease, as well as the difference between IVs and oral antibiotics. My comments are based on what I’ve heard from ILADs doctors as well as documentaries I’ve seen in the past on capitalism. Just so you know I’m just not just conjuring these claims up in my mind! Many people with degrees and educated backgrounds in Lyme Disease have shared the same opinion. But a lot of them don’t talk about the divide between the rich and poor on healthcare treatment, as well as the difference between IVs and orals. The cost, effectiveness, and how some LLMDs are afraid to treat with IVs. So I thought I’d break it down for some of you…
- “Every day that this travesty is allowed to continue, more & more people will be condemned to a lifetime of totally unnecessary disability!”
Covert Chronicle (Me)
- “It has to affect more rich people, that’s when something will get done. Truth be told though, the rich are reaching remission quicker with intravenous antibiotics, while we’re stuck with the oral medication which is almost next to useless.”
- “^^ This comment is completely ridiculous. The rich ARE NOT getting into remission more quickly with antibiotics. Have you even had Lyme? If you did you would know that part of the controversy is TREATMENT, lower and middle class folk are not getting better on long term antibiotics either, it has nothing to do with being rich. However, financial status does come into play when spreading awareness to get more research done, contacting media, etc….”While we’re stuck with oral medication” —so not true. I am a lower middle class citizen who is on intravenous and has been for a year and I know many more people in my situation. It just so happens to be that my insurance now covers my antibiotics. I am not saying you are completely wrong, but your assumptions are quite silly coming from someone who’s been fighting this battle for quite a lng time and can speak for many more who have as well.”
Covert Chronicle (Me)
- “I’m glad you responded to my bold statement so I could go into much more detail for you and others who live in a bubble!!!! What I say are not silly assumptions! You listen to too much what the standard media has to say about healthcare and disease. The typical BS, that we all receive the same treatment and all the treatment is the same. And you basically just look at Lyme Disease from your middle class point of view, I will go into that later… Have you ever seen the movie John Q? Watch that movie, because that’s what life is like for a lot of black people!!!
Even Under Our Skin documentary refrained from going deeper into the discussion of IV vs oral treatment, because they don’t want to make people feel helpless because they can’t afford IVs. A lot of the doctors in that documentary highly emphasized using IVs, one LLMD from what I remember, said he would strap his family member down and give him a PICC line if they ever got it. At ILADs conferences, many LLMDs have said in their conferences, reaching remission without intravenous antibiotics makes things harder.
Believe what you want, you don’t think there’s a difference between orals and antibiotics? There’s a reason why Dr. Jemsek just uses it and Dr. Burrascano decides to treat with it first in his guidelines. Penetration!!! Many ILADs physicians have said it’s best used in the beginning. So that might be why your IVs aren’t as effective. If you think a year is long, try 3 years of oral antibiotic treatment like me!!!!! Or others who have been stuck on orals for 5 or 7 years and destroying their livers. A lot of LLMDs try to talk you out of using IVs because they are worried about losing their license. See IVs cost more money, which is the main reason insurance companies report them to the CDC. Longterm IVs throw up a lot of flags for insurance companies because of the cost.
You’re getting coverage, great! Not all states and insurance companies are the same. Along with LLMDs, not everyone’s is in the same situation you’re in. I had to reform to using orals for 3 years, because a lot of LLMDs here in Michigan are afraid of using intravenous antibiotics, hence again getting flags thrown up on their licenses by insurance companies because of the cost. Then there’s more responsibility with intravenous antibiotics that a lot of doctors don’t want. Do I think I would be in better condition of I used IVs in these past 3 years? Lol, don’t even kid about that. Of course!
I had Lyme only for year before being diagnosed, perfect shape, not overweight as you can see in the video and actually bodybuilded for the past 10 years free of any drugs. 3 years in oral treatment and I still have serious bad athritis and symptoms. Girl from Under Our Skind has Lyme for 10 years, treated with IVs for 7 months, all symptoms gone. Do I think everyone gets better on IVs, no, of course not! Treatment also has to do with your health from the get go, are you smoking, overweight, etc… Also if you have coinfections and if you’re treating them…
But the truth is, the best treatment as of now for borrelia and coinfections is IVs because of aggressiveness and penetration. And the fact the matter is, not everyone can afford IVs!!!! Hence the gap between the rich and poor people!
You think you have everything all figured out from your point of view from a middle white class family. Sheeittt! I have a black girlfriend that I’ve been dating for 6 years and know from experience that health treatment in the black community is so much poorer than middle white suburb family. I know by fact there are Detroiters living with Lyme Disease, because ticks are on Belle Isle. But because they are so poor and don’t even have access to the internet, some of them are just told by their subpar Detroit doctors they have Lupus or some bullshit autoimmune disease. Do you want to get into the difference between education between the white community and the black community as well? Probably not, because that’s pretty self-explanatory!
Now if you want to get into capitalisms role with Lyme Disease in the Healthcare Industray, I can break that down for you as well.
The rich control insurance companies and the government. Hence capitalism, the form of government you live in now, wake up! Walton Walmart family has more wealth than 40% of Americans in this country, these are the people making the decisions for this country, not you. You think the rich feel for you and your disease, your expendable just like the soldiers they send over to war for oil to keep this country going. Soldiers that fought in the Vietnam War and were exposed to agent orange, guess what they were told when they came back, their symptoms are psychosomatic. Why because the VA didn’t want to blow all the money on healthcare coverage. See some similarities here!!! We are expendable and collateral damage!
By the way do you see rich kids going to war?
Insurance companies are more important to keep this capitalistic health industry going, rather than saving our lives, that’s how our government thinks and that’s why the IDSA has made these guidelines. It’s about profit! Parts of the coverup may include biowarfare as well.
When Bush got it, guess what, he was quickly diagnosed and treated probably with IVs. Ben Stiller and his son? They acted like it was no big deal on Letterman! You don’t think the rich get better treatment and diagnosed faster you’re from on planet. Healthcare industry wants you to believe that, but the truth is people like Magic Johnson are still alive and others who couldn’t afford progressive AIDs treatment died. Insurance companies will only cover so much of your disease, no matter what you have. And truth is, the CDC didn’t start doing anything about AIDs till it started effecting the rich and celebrities. I thought Michael Moore made that apparent in the documentary sicko!
Again some black people will never have a clue what they have because they are so poor and have such bad healthcare in their area!
So I think I explained the healthcare divide between the rich and the poor. As well as the rich influence on healthcare (capitalism) as well. And don’t say there isn’t a difference between orals and IVs, because LLMDs have boldy stated there is!
Anyways, I’m not trying to piss you off, just trying to expose what’s going on. If you think I’m wrong, fine I respect your opinion, but I believe I’m right on a lot of things. A lot of people don’t have the balls to say what’s going on! I do!!!
I wonder if you would rather have me reporting about Lyme Disease or the standard media? Like CNN, Fox News, and MSNBC who throws this whole topic under the rug…..”
Covert Chronicle (Me)
- By the way, those Doctors who got Ebola in Africa and were flown over here for treatment, you think they would do that for you? The government is taking the risk of exposing millions of us to this contagious disease! Is this right? Who are they to risk our whole population for helping two (probably rich doctors with connections.)
I honestly thought the government and military is about containment, this risk has me wondering. This goes to show the divide and care for certain class of people..